"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Little Engine that Could


How can some weeks feel like they are gone in a flash and then some, like this week feel like it has been 5 days crammed in to 2 days. I think it is due to the anticipation of next week, because we are off for spring break. No, I'm not going anywhere special, just trying to pay off bills by staying home and then here is the real fun...shampooing carpets...yeah that's right, can you believe the fun I'll have, it has to be done some time, so why not over break. I know exciting!!!

Tonight I went out for a run. After picking Owl up from daycare, I gave her a quick snack, and then set out for a run. It was fantastic!! I actually over dressed with a long sleeve t and nylon sweats. But, let me share a little secret, running indoors on a treadmill is miles away from running outside on pavement pushing a 15 1/2 month old in a stroller. Yeah, she loves it, it is just poor ole' mama has to huff and puff even harder than ever. I'm sure I look like a train engine working it's way up a hill as I am trying to gain any sort of speed with Tuki aboard. I keep telling myself, "I think I can" and with this kind of resistance training I may actually be able to run that marathon before I die....or maybe I'll pass that dream on to my kids.........

This morning we heard one of our resident Coopers hawk. Ever since we have lived in this home and little woods, we have had a pair of Coopers raise young in the lot. They move their nest around every year. I listen for the calls to see where they are located. It is a little early to tell, but hopefully it will be close to the house again so we can hear them calling all summer. Two years in a row, before I had new siding put on the house, a house wren found a hole in the side of the house and raised 2 clutches in the wall. It was fantastic because when the young were active and calling, it was like having my own bird cd right in the house. Last year, I remodeled the house and replaced the old siding...no more house wren!!
Did you know that 1 day development in the life of a songbird is like 1 year development in the life of a human baby. Remarkable!!!

Last night I managed to get more paperwork done for Gabryel's adoption. Hopefully I'll get even more done tonight.

Earlier tonight, when I asked Tuki if she was ready to get her P.J.'s on, she adamantly shook her head up and down yes and ran towards me, then when I picked her up she kept giving me hugs!! Too cute...Life couldn't get any better..oh wait yes it could, Tuki x 2 !!!!!!!!!!

p.s I haven't learned how to edit my published post on this blogger yet...any suggestions?????

2 comments:

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

I posted a comment but it was so full of typos (I guess I AM tired) that I deleted it and am reposting. :) Sorry about that!

I'm a lurker on your blog but talked to you briefly the other day about your little guy. I can help you edit your posts.

When you log on and it says, "New Post", look to the right. There are words in blue that say, "Posts". You can click on that and it will bring up your last 5 posts or so.

Or when you are on blogger already and have hit "Publish", go back under "Posts" on the tabs. That will have the option to "Edit Posts".

Hope that helps! And I love your blog!

dawnz:)
Adopting Jack~COTP
www.prayingthemhome.blogspot.com

My Travels