"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Kitchen Play




Here she is with her kitchen and laundry set. She loves it!! She played with nonstop from the time she was home until she went to bed.
Just in case you think I am sexist, I also bought her (included in the same $70.00), a tool bench, car, desk and see-saw. They are still in the garage and I am planning on letting her play with them outside when it is warmer.

You may be asking, "Why doesn't she do something with her hair?" The answer is simple, she hates anything in her hair and I choose my battles. If I really want her to look nice I'll insist on her wearing a barrette or ponytails etc., but otherwise, I really don't have a problem with it free flowing or fluffing (with all her wavy body) in her case. To me being a kid includes living without unnecessary obligations. Rules and "you must do" come way too quickly as it is.

2 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Your kids are so cute! I am a single mom too, and have adopted two out of three of my sons. I found your blog on the rate-my-blog blog. I'll keep reading!

http://sandycovetrail.blogspot.com

Sarah and Tim said...

Don't mess with her hair, it is beautiful. I have 2 bi-racial daughters, and I love the fluff! Also, the kitchen set is awesome. Plenty of time to use tools later in life. She can be a total girly girl and independent all at once.

My Travels