"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Keep Moving


I cleaned today, and I mean really cleaned. I had decided that I would bring Tuki to day care (she loves the other kids there) today so that I could shampoo the carpets without disturbance. Well that idea progressed into the idea of a real house cleaning for the homestudy visit this Friday. It was a good idea. I vacuumed, shampooed, swept, mopped and dusted, rearranged furniture on two levels of the house. Plus I took out of garage storage and cleaned all the kitchen and washer/dryer furniture that I had bought for Tuki from rummage sales (for $70.00) before I even knew her. It is now sitting along side my island in the kitchen. It will be a big surprise for her when I pick her up.

But one thing I noticed while cleaning is that I like my oldest bathroom in the home the best. Years ago, before the phase 1 remodeling (5 years ago) I would shower in the basement, towel dry then run upstairs and dress. It was cold, but good, because I didn't have to look at myself in the mirror for long. Then I had a brand new bathroom put in on the main level. I used it for the last 4 years. It was a little darker, I would shower, use the mirrors and think..you are looking pretty good for an old lady. The lighting was perfect for self-deception. But, now, now the (addition after phase 2 remodel) masters bathroom off of my bedroom has great lighting. It doesn't lie and I don't like the story my mirrors tell. I noticed as I was moving from bathroom to bathroom, I became older looking. No one has asked if I am Skylar's grandma yet, but as I see it, the question is on the horizon...


I just need to keep moving, and coloring the grays, but what to do about the wrinkles.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're still looking good, regardless of the mirror used ..
with a beautiful daughter too!

My Travels