"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Masterpiece in Motion



I have attached one of Hawk's referral pictures. I'm not sure how old he is in it, my guess 9 - 10 months

Good news, I received the last of my paperwork that I needed for my home study. So now all I need to do is copy the papers and then send them in to my social worker. And wait until she is finished, and hope the tax refund comes quickly so that I can pay for the home study.

My plan; once all the papers are finished, is to ship the dossier to Steph, the facilitator in California and have her do the last steps. Then she sends them to Haiti. Hopefully the paperwork will arrive before April is out. YEAH!!

I have also started making arrangements for SMAE while I am visiting Hawk in late June. Either she will be staying with my sister and her family who live nearby OR we travel to Louisiana,we stay for a few days with my brother and his family, then she stays while I take off for 3 to 4 days to Haiti and then come back to LA for a few days and then we head back home. My brother in LA went with me on Owl's pick-up trip so they are excited to see her since it will be over 1 year since they spent time with her.

It is raining buckets this weekend, so too cool and wet for outdoor activities. I did manage to go to the YMCA this am. I had the best run. It was a hard paced run, yet I was in the zone..you know the place where you lose all track of time and place. It felt like I could run forever. Have you ever watched a really great runner, one that is not only talented but also just beautiful to watch. They make it all look effortless, yet you know they are working hard. My nephew is a beautiful runner and there was one student I coached in junior high a few years ago. He was that type of runner and I have seen a few young women from cross country that were beautiful. I think of them as Masterpieces in Motion. Sometimes, when watching them, it actually brings tears to my eyes..it is that incredible to me.... well I felt that way today, like I was a Masterpiece in Motion..mind you I wasn't actually, it just felt that way.....I managed to carry the feeling with me all day.

Last night we ate Mexican again, and this afternoon we went to a Pampered Women(?) type of party. SMAE was given tons of praises in how easy going, comfortable in public, cute, pretty smile etc., I could go on and on. It makes a Mama proud, because she really is a great kid. The latest thing she has started doing is putting toys, books, and puzzles back away to exactly the same place she found them. I'm going to encourage this!!!

Hope you have a Masterpiece Moment weekend!!!

No comments:

My Travels