"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, March 15, 2007

GREAT DEAL MORE!!!!!!!!!!!



Spring Update: we heard a robin this morning, no we didn't see one, but we sure heard it...clear as a bell, so once again I am going to ignore the cold temperatures and just focus on the signs of spring.


We; Owl, E and I went to El Mezcal tonight, our local Mexican restaurant. I just love the food there and the owners and waiters are all Hispanic. They always stare and fawn all over Tuki when ever we go. She isn't aware of it, but we sure notice it and love it. She was just jamming to the music and stuffing her mouth with chips. As you can see in the pictures.

I discovered why I have been so tired lately, Tuki and I are on cold number 300 since she has been home. I know it builds our immune systems, but gosh oh mighty, we will be immune to everything under the sun at the rate we are going. My family has dubbed her "typhoid suzy" because she is constantly getting sick from the other kids at daycare and then graciously spreading it around to whomever she comes in contact with.

I found out today, happy day by the way, that I will receive a great deal more money than I had originally thought with my tax credit. Did I say a great deal!!!!!!! Boy it will come in handy with bills from Tuki's adoption and then help with Gabryel's adoption. The way I figure it, in 4 years, once the kids are out of day care I will be able to breathe easy with the finances. That will be a sweet day. Until then, I chant to myself "one day at a time, one day at a time"

Due to the state basketball tournament, Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty isn't on this week. Normally, I'd be upset, since they are my only "must see' shows, but on Saturday my sis, her daughter, me and Tuki will be attending the BB games. It is our annual trip, but this year we are taking the girls..Should be, hopefully be fun...or maybe it will just be interesting..

Well I'm off to do more adoption paperwork.............

No comments:

My Travels