"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Air Walk Hunt



YUCK...It is snowing outside today!!!!!!!!!!

We had off yesterday due to Good Friday. We weren't able to go to the service because our church held it's services at 6:00pm last night. That is Tuki's bedtime, yes 6:00pm and then she slept straight through until 7:00 am this morning. Needless to say she is a great sleeper, I enjoy it now, but come the teenage years, I'll probably have some wake-up issues on my hands...but that is another day and time..now I enjoy her sleep!!

Why Air walk clogs??---because Tuki seems to like shoes..oh boy, here it comes, the shoe loving kid, so very unlike her Mama, anyway...so I thought I'd buy her reasonably priced air walks so she can feel pretty in them and be able to take them on and off by herself..she likes to try and put shoes on by herself. Also, they are good outdoor romp around shoes..just wash them off!!

I had an extremely productive day yesterday. Between the times, we ate, played, danced, read books, snacked and hunted for real or imitation air walks..of course;


6:15 am - woke up
8:00 am- went to Walmart grocery shopping...also looked for air walk type shoes for
Tuki (only size 4 in pink seemed too small
8:45 am - came home unloaded groceries
9:45 am - went to the YMCA and worked out
10:30 am - ran to Kmart to check on air walk shoes for Tuki-nothing!!
11:30 am - Tuki's nap, I balance my checkbook, talk with social worker about home-study and start cleaning house.
1:30 pm - she wakes, I start making 3 dishes
2:30pm - two dishes assembled in slow cookers, and potato dish ready for tomorrows family Easter get-together
2:45 pm - ran to Target and Shopko looking for air walks for Tuki--found Dora's size
5 at Shopko, but too large...still no luck
3:00 pm - hang around hose, continue with cooking and cleaning
4:45 pm - Tuki's supper
5:15 pm - Tuki's bath
6:00pm - read her a book, rock her, and put to bed by 6:15 pm
6:30 pm - start doing laundry and continue on to this morning
7:00 pm - check blogs and forum info
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm - Read 1 of the three books that I ordered, while doing laundry, placing foods in appropriate Tupperware and cleaning out slow cookers.. busy yes, but a good day!!!!!!!!!!

As of yet, the hunt has been unsuccessful!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking shoes, the tye-died look! I've never quite sorted out what it is about women and shoes. I guess (as a male)it's just beyond my comprehension - an unsolvable mystery if your analysis is based on LOGIC and REASON! Good luck on the shoe hunt though.
Tuki's & Tres Hombres' Pal (& C's also)

Calico Sky said...

Your blog is so lovely. I am a SMC (currently in the homestudy phase although I had 4 foster children that i had hoped to adopt). I am hoping to adopt from Guatemala but also have looked at Asian countries and Ethiopia for subsequent adoptions!
I look forward to reading about your adoption adventures. Happy Belated Birthday to your son!

Sarah and Tim said...

My girls love these shoes!!! I don't know if you all have a payless where you are at, but this is where I found my girls' shoes. Also, want to share with you that my husband and I will start the Adoption process this year!! we have decided that by Dec we will be using Celebrate Children and adopting from Haiti. I am sooo excited. We haven't officially announced this yet, your the first:) Just had a chance to catch up on blog reading, Happy birthday to your baby, and Have a great time on your trip!!

Jane said...

I have a pair of Crocs by the back door - they are perfect for the yard - and like you said, I just hose them off if they get too dirty.
I must admit, I've been looking for some tiny Crocs for my tiny girl..be sure to let us know where you find the small ones!

My Travels