"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, April 2, 2007

The Marvelous Onion



Owl's photo is from Christmas on her Lightening McQueen race car. I haven't taken any new photos in the last week so I am posting some from the past year.

The onion, well it is a marvelous thing of discovery


This morning I was placing an onion on the counter in preparation to take it to work. We were going to do a lab showing cells with onion skin. Well, Owl was sitting in her high chair eating her breakfast when she spotted this onion. She pointed to it, and asked in her "uh uh" voice. I then handed her the onion. She took the onion with both hands with the same care someone would take with an expensive, irreplaceable vase. She turned her head side to side, and slowly moved the onion around in her hand with the most joyful expression on her face. You'd think I gave her a million bucks. The onion slipped a little and hit the tray, she looked up at me in worry to check if it was ok, I said it's "ok", so she continued on with the exploration of the onion. She even tasted the end while discovering her great prize.
It was amazing to watch, the joy, and wonder of her face was priceless. I wish I could bottle her expressions and emotions at that moment and whenever I think things are getting tough, I'd take it out and watch it all over again. It was truly a treasured moment.

I have also attached the response that I received from Marie, Hawk's orphanage director. By the way he has been in the hospital for 1 month now. Marie speaks Creole, French and English. So the text is in translated English.

Hawk is still in Hospital. I have to wait until the doctor says his words, he was very sick, he has bad malnutrition. I saw the doctor this morning, she told me, we have hope, he will make it. We are going to still pray for him. God will help him.

So please keep praying for his physical and cognitive healing...

I received the three books in the mail today, and I just ordered them on Thursday...Amazing

Lastly, I am planning to go to Louisiana in June and then from there fly to Haiti,
and spend 3 days at the orphanage, and meet Hawk and the other kids. I am excited and little nervous to be away from Owl for that amount of time. It will be the first since she has been home. Pray for me too!!!

1 comment:

Sarah and Tim said...

God will heal G! We have to keep praying, and have faith. The Lord always has a plan, and I am sure this time is no exception. I will continue to pray for him, as I know how upsetting this can be to both mom and child.

My Travels