"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tuki turns 17 months


This is her attire she wore to church. Thanks to Aunt D for the outfit and head band. It is an 18 month and she just fits it, actually it was a little too short.

She is always on the go, so it is hard to get good pixs of her.


Saw four turkeys outside our kitchen window this morning.

Tuki is 17 months old today!! Hard to believe that nearly one year has gone by since she has been home. It goes by way too quickly. I have to thank J C, from Canada who is also adopting a little boy from Haiti. She suggested using the hair bands and Tuki loves them, and her hair looks much better when pulled back in a band.

Now the response about Katiana from my family and friends, well lets just say it was what I had feared. The only one who was positive form the moment she heard the news was my sister. She said "I'm not surprised, you have been talking three all along, plus it is YOU". Others have either responded with "boy it will be hard", "do you know what you are doing?" " yes, as you said, I think you are crazy". Or, absolutely no response, which basically tells me that they think I am crazy. Even though I am confident that this is the path for our family, it is difficult, at best, makes me feel alone in this world when those closest to me can't say I understand, and we support you in this decision. But that may be asking too much, after all they just heard of it and it has taken me several months to make this decision. So I need to be patient, and know that God is with me. It doesn't help that I am feeling really sick on top of it. I'm not sure what is going on, tons of pressure all over my head and sinuses, and lots of ache and pain in my neck and shoulder. I hope I'm not starting to get allergies in my old age..LOL. I actually slept for 2 1/2 hours today while Tuki was taking her nap, and I still don't feel better. AUGH!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

She is adorable. Don't worry too much about what others are saying or not saying. My family thinks we are insane for adding a fifth child to our family. They thought the same about adding a fourth and now he is the heartbreaker who charms them all. They will warm up to all of it once they meet your beautiful children. I can't wait to meet Davidson, 12 days to go! I will take lots of pictures for you!

Sarah and Tim said...

I just want to say that only you can make the decision that is right for your family. I think you are an amazing woman with a great deal of faith. You continue to listen and follow what the Lord has planned out for you, and all else will fall right into place. My husband dealt with similar issues from our families, your not alone!!!! I am excited for you and cannot wait for the day your family is all with you and complete!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

She is so adorable! If your family and friends are hard on you it's because they love you and they know they will love all your children. It's kind of scary to them probably. They will take their cues from you and your faith in the long run. Keep your eyes and heart on God and hang on tight.

Calico Sky said...

I love this outfit - soooo cute!

My Travels