"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tomorrow - a new day






How would you like to be this eagle, a photo taken 3 hours north of me by a scope cam, just days ago....the weather is much like it is today, as you can see by the photos taken outside my house just 5 minutes ago.....



The experts say to rock them until they are drowsy and then put them in their crib, so they learn to fall asleep by themselves. Since she is 16 1/2 months I decided I need to start doing this. So I rock her, she is almost asleep, I put her in the crib but then she starts crying...how long do I allow her to cry before she finally falls asleep or before I go back upstairs and reassure and tuck her back in. I don't know this answer. I think I am teaching her to cry until I tuck her in again..yet she doesn't seem to want to sleep. This has been going on now for over one week..

Why does this crying and transition to falling asleep on her own versus falling asleep while cuddled in my rocking arms stress me out so much.. Does it stress all mothers or am I just a freakishly overly wound-up mother....oh, it is now quiet..will it last..no it has started again.....wait she is quiet yet again..........I think she has fallen asleep, a little quicker than last night..progress.

We are entering another new stage, she is definitely exerting her ideas into every situation. She even knows when it is bed time and starts fussing BEFORE the PJs are on. I am not sure I know how to handle her outbursts and so far mini-tantrums...I will learn, but today I am in a quandary..Who teaches them to drop to the ground and scream when they don't get their way..I sure haven't and yet she seems to do it so naturally. Are they are hard-wired for that behavior??

Most days children are the best, some days, well some days one can't help but think tomorrow will be a better day...

Tomorrow, Please be a better day!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness we have the opportunity to right all our wrongs with each new day..

1 comment:

Ericka said...

Ah yes, the toddler years!! I have three boys: 12, 9 and 3 and they have all done the tantrum thing in varying degrees. I do know this, they throw tantrums becuase they don't know how to communicate fully yet. They either don't have the words or just don't know how to deal with the rush of emotions they feel. I remember with my first one and even my second it was so important for me to get them on a schedule, have them fall asleep by themselves, etc. But with the "baby" I do whatever. I really enjoy the cuddling to let them fall asleep because I realize just how FAST these times go. Go with your heart, if you want to cuddle with your baby, then DO IT!!! Trust me, this will soon pass, THIS I KNOW for sure having gone through this three times now. I'm so sorry to hear about your little boy. I know you are aching to have him here. I will pray for him and you.
Take care,
Ericka

My Travels