"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Complexity of Life


It's raining cats and dogs here, but not complaining because we need the rain. My perennials are bursting out of the ground all over the place. Spring is such a happy time.

We had to scrap the track meet we were planning on attending, but we are also saved because tomorrow night there is another local meet for the high school. Tuki enjoyed the last one so much that I want to take her to another one to watch her cheer on the team.

Today was a big day for our family. I sent in the dossier for Hawk to Steph, and she figures it will be a couple of weeks to make it to Haiti. Plus when I woke this morning, I just knew that this little girl, Katiana, was the child to complete our family. So I committed to her too. She is 6 1/2 years old, born on December 5, 2000. I have attached a picture so you can see how beautiful she is. It was like a weight was taken from my shoulders, once I started talking about her, I just knew she fit and I really didn't care if anyone else "got it". I did find out that one dossier is good for two children in Haiti (that wasn't the case in Guatemala), but I do need to file another I-600A, a petition for immigration of an orphan from the USCIS, since they are not biologically related. After this last file to USCIS, I just sit back and wait.

Other than that it has been a good week, everyone is well, school is excellent. We have been learning about and comparing and contrasting body systems in different Phylums. I love this stuff. Why, because the more I know and talk about the different forms of life, and how these forms interact and co-exist, in how complex and amazing that "things" just work everyday without ever thinking about it...One can't help but know there is a God so astounding that he created this amazing world we live in.
OK, I'm done..but you know I'm just saying..........

4 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

I am sooooo happy for you! This is great news. You are making a difference in these children's lives witch will be passed on for generations to come! I know that this is not why you or anyone else adopts, but what a difference one person can make in this world. I will be praying for a quick finalization of your children from Haiti. WAY TO GO! This is great news!

Jane said...

Well I was going to ask you a bird question, but it appears that bigger things are happening here!
Just ONE day I skipped checking your blog - JUST ONE - and I missed out on all this great news!
Congratulations on your big decision...wish I had the guts, energy, time, money, space, etc., to go for just one more, too.
I agree with Tim & Sarah that you are making a difference in their lives, but I think they will have a definite impact on your world, too! When will you find time to write about it for all of us though?

StefB said...

Congratulations! She certainly is beautiful. And I love her name. I have named my little girl, coming home very soon from Guatemala, Tiana. Best of luck as you wait to bring your sweeties home to join your family.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

WOW that is big news! How wonderful for you to have made the decision. I pray everything goes smoothly. Three children is hard but it's three times the love!

My Travels