"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Well I have my flights to Haiti figured out;
We leave home on June 18, then travel to Houston, Tx, where my brother picks us up. We stay with them in LA for 5 days., then on the 23rd we drive back to Houston, I fly alone to Haiti, and Owl stays with my brother and his family. I'll be staying at Walls that is located directly across the street from the orphanage. Then on the 27th, I fly back to Houston, my family meets me there, we stay overnight in Houston and then on the 28th Owl and I fly back home. It will be busy, kind of like her pick-up trip...but I'll tell that story on her anniversary date...May 11.

This has been an exhausting week. The work is long, the kids are restless, the weather has turned cold, yet my resident chipmunk has come out of hibernation...it should have waited another week!!! Owl and I seem to be extra tired and cranky.

Last night, just like every other Tuesday my niece, friend and I get together at my house and scrapbook. We don't always scrapbook though, sometimes my friend knits, my niece puts stamps together or I prepare dossier papers, but last night not much was accomplished because M, my niece brought over her new 6 1/2 week old puppy for us to see. He played with my three dogs, running around the kitchen for a good hour or so, and then crashed in her arms...the pictures tell the story. Owl was in bed by this time, but she will get to meet him on Easter.

The dog's name is Evo, short for evolution, in honor of the car, not the theory!!

No comments:

My Travels