"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, December 15, 2008

48 hours home, and even more progress


Ve is watching a Barney video as I type this. I read somewhere that kids pick up the language quicker when watching educational videos. She seems to love it. Soon we are off in this -5 degree weather to the dentist, then shopping for 5T's clothes and then finally the doctor visit. After the doctor day we will pick Tuks up from Angie's school for a night of fun!!!

4 comments:

A Blessed Life said...

I'm so glad you are keeping us posted on your homecoming. When Ve was brought to us at the hotel, it was all I could do not to cry for joy for the two of you. I hugged her and told her how excited her mama was going to be to see her. She seemed to take it all in stride and was just happy go lucky. She teased me by taking the clothes off her doll and I would hold my hands over my eyes and gasp. She loved it - she would just giggle.
She is such a sweetie!
Enjoy these special times and thanks for sharing with us.

Marta said...

Look how calm she is around the dogs! Yes, keep writing. I am officially stalking your blog. I can't get enough of Ve being home!

AkuTyger said...

How fantastic! Keep up the posting, the stories are wonderful.

Leslie said...

Noggin and PBS Kids have really helped my daughter, and still do, with learning words and concepts. It's almost all we watch, and I'm okay with that when I look at other TV shows through the eyes of a parent! Hang in there!

My Travels