"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, December 8, 2008

Ramblings

This is my last week of school, then I am on FMLA adoption leave until January 9th in which I return half days in hopes of transitioning Ve into school, and then January 23rd I return back to work full time. I hope I am giving her a decent amount of time to somewhat adjust. Right now I don't think I can afford to take more days since I have no idea when Mim will be coming home and I need some days left for her transition.

I want to make it clear that I am over the moon with excitement that Ve will be home this Friday, but I also have to admit I have been greatly stressed in getting everything arranged for her homecoming. I had planned on a Feb-April homecoming, so the last few weeks have been quite a happy/crazy surprise. Let's be honest, when can anyone EVER remember an adoption finalizing sooner than you had anticipated....almost never, but now Ve' homecoming is the wonderful exception.

There is also talk of anywhere from 3 - 12 inches of snow falling tonight...yeah I know I wish we could all be so accurate and still get paid for it. The students were a buzz today with excitement in hopes of a snow day tomorrow. I for one, do not want one. I have much to do before I will feel calm enough to take 4 full weeks off and then 2 weeks of half days off. Anyway excuse my ramblings, just getting some things off my mind...OH, and I can't forget, I am now a firm believer a 3 year old is just a miniature 8th grader. Stature is shorter,but the attitude is just as BIG!!!!

7 comments:

veggiemom said...

Good luck getting everything done!!! I totally agree with the whole 3 yo = 8th grader. Goes for some 2 yos too. Can't wait to see pics of Ve at home...

Jenn said...

It is so awesome that Ve is only days away from being home! Can you imagine what she is going to think when she sees the snow?!?!

Marta said...

I can relate as things seem to be moving quickly now all of a sudden, and I AM NOT READY! (Physically. Mentally, I'm past ready!) I'm thinking of doing a post on why I'm not ready when I've had 18 months to do so. It seems to be a particular adult behavior of Haitian adoption. Anyway, I am so glad Ve will be home this week, I am so excited for you. Post some pictures please, don't leave us hanging!

Elder Cook said...

Wow I can't believe it's time yea.
I second small town girl pppplllleeeeaaaasssseeeee don't leave us hanging on pics. I can't wait to see her home.

Congrats

Ericka said...

Aves, I haven't posted for a long time, but wanted to pop into say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
SO happy for you, V and Tuks!!!!
What a WONDERFUL Christmas Present!

Sarah and Tim said...

so looking forward to her homecoming.

Life in Fitzville said...

Just posted my congrats.

We were hit with 18 inches of snow the day my son came home. I remember being near tears panicking that I would have a winter coat that fit him. It's funny how many little things can stress you out.

But when all is said and done, you are becoming a Mom again on Friday night, and beyond that, the rest is nothing. How very, very cool.

My Travels