"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Longing to breathe

Ve is starting to like puzzles. I taught her to turn the piece around when it doesn't fit right away and now she does. She is progressing well, and I think she is just learning about shapes and fitting pieces because the first day I worked with her, she had no idea how or why to fit a piece in the puzzle board.

She had a few meltdowns today, considerably less than yesterday and the crying was very short-lived.

I think Ve gets bored with just me during the day. I have taken her to Adventure Alley at the Y for about one hour for 3 days in a row and she just lights up when we go and she lights up when I tell her we are picking Tuks up from Angie's school

As for me, I am going to talk a little about my transition. We don't talk about how we, as parents are doing with the transitions because it is hard to admit and quite frankly sometimes it is hard to read, especially if you are still waiting for your children. But I am going to talk because I am going through the same feelings I did when Tuks came home so I know that they only last for a short season and the feelings don't scare me so much this time around.

First I am mentally tired. Matter of fact I have been since I found out that Ve was coming home in mid-November. I like to sleep so that I can shut off my mind. I knew then, what the transition phase would be kind of be like. It has actually gone extremely well, but I don't feel like I can BREATHE DEEPLY. The deep breathes of relaxation WILL come back slowly like with Tuks, slowly and subtly I was breathing again and not worrying about getting through each day, days eventually became weeks, weeks became months etc., I long for that again....I also miss talking with someone speaking my language during the day. Yes, I know, I can only imagine how Ve feels in finding no one else who speaks her language well. She must feel what I feel but only intensified 100 fold. I am glad when Tuks comes home so we can have a conversation, even though it is only at a 3 year old level. LOL

I hold on to the fact that each day is and will continue to get better....and yes, I would be sore remiss if I didn't acknowledge again and again how lucky I am she is home, and how lucky we are in that Ve is acclimating so well. That's all for now...








1 comment:

veggiemom said...

I'm so glad you shared. Even though I'm done, I still like to read these things because they remind me that I'm not alone. I think my transition to Medina being home and mothering 2 children was so much harder than I expected. Transitions are just hard.

My Travels