"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Calgon...take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuks has been struggling lately.

Is it because she is 3, or is it because she is reacting to her new sis Ve. Or both, probably the latter!!

I don't know for sure, and I sometimes I don't handle it as well as I'd like, simply because I am adjusting to everything as well. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I know she loves Ve being home because she says all the time she is glad she has a sister, but sharing me, toys, time etc., has been a whole 'nother story.

Tuks can be quite a hot head and quite stubborn at times.

If you haven't surmised this by now, LOL, I'd thought I tell you it.

Thus her and I can get into some fierce wrangles sometimes when I ask her to do, or not to do something and she refuses to do it or to stop doing it...if that made sense.

She will sometimes just hit Ve for no reason, I know it doesn't hurt Ve, but Ve will just start wailing when this happens. I ask Tuks if she hit Ve, she says "yes". I ask her "why" Tuks says "because". I guess not quite able to articulate what she is feeling so I just emphasize with a time outs and stern lecturing that hitting is naughty....

and me I have to keep telling myself to remain calm (doesn't always work) and attempt to help Tuks and Ve through the situation..

Calgon...take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

It will get better! Just hang on. Ruby and I definitely have our moments but the transition to a new family is hard on a little one. She'll work though it and so will you. I look back on Medina's first month home and I'm still not sure how we survived and it was all because of Ruby's difficulty. Now, she still has her tantrums but life is 150% better than it was then.

Life in Fitzville said...

I have always said that 3 year old girls are God's way of breaking us in for teenaged girls. No lie... 3 is brutal.

But fear not, 3yos are also smart, funny, engaging and cute... but pistols, every one of them!

Brenda said...

I wonder what would happen if you backed up a little and wrapped her in a blanket and rocked her at night. Gave her a little "babying". Something along that line. I know you'll do fine. You are an awesome mom.

Jenn said...

Three is the new two....It will get better. Promise.

My Travels