"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, December 5, 2008

Three Down...

Three nights in a row Tuks stayed in her room until I "excused" her in the morning. Our new home rule, I need to excuse her from her room after a night's sleep just like she asks to be excused from the dinner table. AAAAHHHH the third problem solved, and good night sleeps on top of it, or at least until Ve is home.....next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi You!! I haven't talked to you in a long time...but I do keep up with your news..we have so much to talk about and catch up with!!...I am so happy for you and can't imagine how excited you must be to get one of your girls home next week...I'm excited for you....You are in my thoughts...we should get together over xmas!!!

Marta said...

Rest UP!!!!!

Thanks so much for sending me all that paperwork, what a huge help. And guess what??? I talked to M. the other night and she said it's time to SEND IT IN!!!!

What perfect timing you have!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Punkin used to do this - leaving his room in the middle of the night and wandering around looking for mischief. It's a hard one cause you don't know when you can sleep! You are doing the right thing. I think if you are consistent she'll learn to follow the rules.

My Travels