"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, December 19, 2008

Random

Little tidbits that I have forgotten to mention.

Ve has the morning routine down extremely well, and she gets up early, like 5:45 am to 6:00 am with Tuks. She also wakes up calmly just like she now goes to sleep calmly. This also makes her very tired by the end of the day since it is about 2 hours earlier than when I remember her waking in Haiti.

She is slowly trying new foods, but doesn't like a variety. I knew this in Haiti. Mim is a picky eater as well. Anyway her mainstay foods if she won't eat what I have served is cereal with milk or ww bread with peanut butter. She loves to eat both at any time. I am going to make rice and red beans tonight and we'll see how that goes.

Last night, I took both girls to a gymnastic meet held at the local High school. They lasted for about 1 hour until they became restless due to the fact it was past their bedtimes. We came home and they both immediately fell asleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

I am having a moment of quiet...an have enjoyed reading your blog. I really feel for you and feel thankful for all that you share so openly. I was curious...do you have any favorite books that have been helpful in regard to transitioning with kids coming home. You really have me thinking and would love more insight.

I really admire you and all those that are ahead of us in this journey. I remember this feeling when we were brand new parents...we sure looked up to others that already had children...we felt so green. With our second child, there was more confidence, yet new challenges and some of the same old ones too.

But, our adoption is new and I certainly wonder what this time will be like. We've been so focused on paperwork and visits, but now our next time to go will be to pick them up. I feel transitions happening even in my thoughts. I am truly excited, but nervous at the same time.

Well, just wanted to say hello! I feel this neat connection with you even though our lives intersected for a small moment in time. This was neat for me, truly. I am really thankful for the wisdom you share on your blog...your experience feels very valuable to me. I have three girls of our own, yet I can feel a different stage of this process settling in as a parent. This has been an interesting week for me too...hard to leave Haiti, our kids...I've been slow moving...there is a sadness that is hard to articulate and understand. I miss our kids. :) I have continued to remind myself what a journey of faith this is.

Oh, I am tired...I must get some sleep. I'll keep in touch! You truly are doing a great job. It shows...

Many blessings to you!

Hugs,

Ginger

P.S. Hugs to Ve! from Dale, Ginger and Lisa. :)

Marta said...

Love the new header! Ve looks so happy!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Just catching up with you this morning.
Congratulations on bringing
Ve home finally!! :) I know it must be a whirlwind now and you are probably losing sleep... but I am happy for you all and I know it will even out over time. God Bless you all and I wish yo a peaceful, joyful holiday!

My Travels