"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, December 19, 2008

Fabulous Tag

I feel better today than I did yesterday, so any readers and commenter's that I scared away by my honesty, you can come back now!!! LOL





Kerri tagged me:
what she said about me:
Aves. I've never met Aves in person but I've followed her blog for a long time and love the way she makes me think about things. I know it may take her a while to post since she's awaiting the arrival of her newest family member...Yay!!!...but hopefully she'll have time one of these days. Some things she said back when I was thinking about adoption #2 really helped me come to terms with having kids from two different countries.

Anyways, here are the rules to receiving this award:
You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.

Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

All right - here we go! My Five Biggest Addictions:

1. Exercise: I need to do it at least several times each week otherwise I get depressed. I love to sweat, make my heart pump, breathe hard and get a good buzz from a great workout. I love to be in the "flow", where I am just breathing and moving in a natural easy rhythm...I just love it, just thinking of that feeling makes me smile....

2. Coffee: I NEED it and crave it every morning. LOVE that first cup of coffee.

3. Analogies: I teach with analogies and I think in analogies all the time. Especially when I am attempting to understand something myself. For example; I have been tossing around, analyzing my feelings about transitions, since I am head deep in it and since it is my second time around, I am not panicking like the first time, so I can actually think about it, being proactive rather than reactive to it. So this is my analogy to help me be OK while wallowing in the feelings.

Transitions are like being a beginner runner. When you start running, you put your body in distress, even though running in the long term is great for you, initially it SUCKS the big one. Your heart starts beating rapidly attempting to get oxygen through out the body that is screaming for more. Your brain is saying "what the h*** are you doing?". You start telling yourself to "stop right now!!!, but you don't, even though your breathing is rapid and shallow. You have to think and remind yourself to take a deep breath, hold it in, then let it out slowly. Slowly get control on your thoughts and body. In time your body acclimates to the transition, your breath becomes deeper, more controlled, and you are finally flowing without even thinking about taking the next step. That is what it is like for me during the transitions of my children as they are new to our family and household.

4. My computer and blog buddies: I need it and you, now and in the future as we navigate through this many times poorly understood world of adoption.

5. Being surrounded by the outdoors and my pets (since I only get 5 addictions)- it refreshes my soul and again I feel a part of me needs these connections OFTEN, or I get lost in my world. My soul needs these like my spirit needs the Holy Spirit.

Notice how times I said "I need", maybe I am more high maintenance than I have believed I am. LOL

I will edit this post later with the 5 I tag...so stay tuned.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

I wish I could figure out how to get addicted to exercise...

Brenda said...

I could write exactly the same things as you except maybe the analogies although I think they are a great way of expressing yourself and do use them sometimes. The rest are me exactly. I will have to think of different ways to say it.

My Travels