"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kissing!!!!



Ok, I know I probably shouldn't have let them bathe together, but I initially put Tuks in the tub, and then was planning to put Ve in after Tuks was finished. Well it didn't quite work that way. Ve wanted in, in the worse way, so I let her. Hopefully, any poopy concerns I have will be for naught since Ve's poops are looking good, but I still need to take one to the doctors to be absolutely sure. BTW - the water isn't as dirty as it seems to appear in the picture....


You may be wondering how I have all this time to blog. Well I wait for a quiet moment, or one when the girls are playing, or like now when BOTH, yes I said BOTH went to sleep peacefully. Now mind you, Ve fell asleep as I was rocking her and Tuks was watching Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree, but hey, whatever works. Anyway, blogging is therapeutic for me right now since I have little contact with other adults (Ve home and the extreme cold). It gets on my nerves and I need to communicate with the outside world, thus the daily blogging...so please leave comments or emails. I sure appreciate them!!!!!


Ve kissed me today, yes right on the lips on her own volition. I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure if it was because she was happy with me or happy that I told her we were going to go pick Tuks up. She also kissed Hubble (cat) many times today. She has my head spinning. if I didn't know rightly, and the nights and communication were better, I'd say she has been here a long time already. OK, don't get too excited, tomorrow may be a day of h***, either due to Ve OR Tuks. LOL

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Just so you know, LOL Wil's poops were looking good and so I relaxed my anal sanitizing habits and let the boys bathe together, hence them BOTH having giarrdia now...

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Hi Jen, Yes I know, I did throw caution to the wind. Maybe next time I will run two bathes, one upstairs at the same time as the one down stairs so they aren't tempted to get in together.....it is so hard when they enjoy each other so much, but I NEED to be strong!!!

aves

veggiemom said...

You know, not all kids have bad transitions. I've waited and waited for the other shoe to fall with Medina and in 5 months, it still hasn't. I totally understand about the need to blog for contact. I think I might have gone insane without my blog when Medina first came home because Ruby's transition was so awful. If Ve has something you'll treat it and Tuki too if you need to. Right now, I think the bonding is more important but that's just me.

Sarah and Tim said...

Thank you so much for updating. It is awesome to read about. I catch myself mid sentence day dreaming of our time, when our son comes home. Hang in there!!!

This Mama said...

I am here - I keep checking in and find it exciting to read about Ve's first days home!!

A Blessed Life said...

I look forward each day to a new update - keep it up!

Salzwedel Family said...

It's exciting hearing about all of the ups & downs of the transitions. I'm glad you are taking the time to blog.

Sarah said...

I love all the blogging you are doing. It is such a joy to read how your family is growing right before our eyes. And it is also a huge amount of education for me, as we are readying ourselves for two boy just a bit younger than Ve. So I thank you for all of this :)

Violet said...

All concerns aside, I'm sure that this was an amazing bonding experience for the girls. I cried the day my Mom told me I was too big to bathe with my little sister anymore. Now...those are some of my favorite memories...playing mermaids and scuba divers with her.

My Travels