"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, December 29, 2008

Busy Doctor Day


sMurph, Beatrice, and Hubble

Busy day at several doctors today. Hubble was neutered, and since Beatrice was spayed 1 month ago she only had had her second vaccine. The girls were very happy when we returned this afternoon to pick Hubble up. He is a loved by all who knows him.

Ve had her first set of vaccines. It was horrible. She HATES shots!! Did I say HATES them. She was screaming, fighting and crying the whole time. It took several of us to hold her still enough. She needs her second set in 1 month. Whew!!! I am not looking forward to that any time soon.

Other than she seemed a little sad this morning after we talked about Mim, she is still adapting very well. She seems to do a little better with each passing day. Not that she really ever had a bad day, it's just that it keeps getting better for all of us for every day that we have to gel as a family. It feels more normal now. I guess I will see what I have to say once school starts for Ve in one week.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry about your rough day.

veggiemom said...

Poor Ve. Unfortunately I can totally relate. Medina is the same way. I get sick to my stomach every time we have a doctor's appointment for her because they tend to be so awful. I try to explain why we're doing it but it doesn't help.
Hugs...(and remember, someday the shots will be done.)

Marta said...

ewwwww shots, thanks for the warning. I bet Ve will be so happy when Mim comes home. It's great that she's had this time on her own. The whole thing will sort of come together for her.

Hang in there, you are doing great!

My Travels