"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Do six year olds still take naps?

Ve was taking naps this summer, but does she still need them??

She sure fights them, and yes, I do believe she is 5 going on six, rather than 3 going on 4 like her BC states.

We have dentist and doctor's appointments tomorrow for check-ups and to verify my suspicion on her age.

I will provide more updates with details of pick-up and transition thus far later tonight, but here are some more pix and little update to hold you over.

Tuks has been amazing with Ve. She introduces her to anyone that wants to listen. She shares, and is patient with Ve.

The only tussle so far is when Tuks and Ve both wanted to play with some items that Ve decied was just hers. I am sure still the survival of the fittest mentality when it came to toys.

Ve does know how to play with toys. She dresses and undresses dolls, sings happy songs, and generally seems to be quite happy to be here.

She is even picking Hubble up many many times. Good thing he is so easy going.

Tuks is mimicking Creole while Ve is mimicking English. It is CUTE!!



coloring Ve


Dr. Tuks








jamming Tuks while singing a song

5 comments:

Story of our Life said...

Naps: Personally, I think every child is different. I was of the belief that ALL children needed naps until they went to kindergarten. Boy was I wrong. Oh' was I ever wrong. My daughter would come home from Kindergarten and take a nap. My son on the other hand stopped naps at the age of 3 and that was only because I couldn't fight him anymore.

I would guess that if she is closer to the 5 yrs or older she is outgrown nap.

Love the pictures you have posted so far!!

Congrats on getting her home. NOw the real fun starts!!

(HUGS)

Gala

Marta said...

They look like they are having a great time together! I would love to know what was going on in that little head of hers as she got in the car to the airport, got on the plane, saw you again, saw snow, saw Tuks, etc! Sounds like she is handling it all like a trooper!

Jane said...

Haven't hit Ve's age yet of course, but my own mother used to make us sit on our beds with dolls or books for 1 hour each day...if we were sleepy, we'd nap, if not, the quiet time did us all some good! I tell everyone that Cara will take naps until she is EIGHTEEN...because her mama has sweet memories of napping herself! Don't you just wish someone would put you to bed for an hour every day??

veggiemom said...

I wouldn't force a nap on her. At 5-6, she's probably outgrown needing them.
I love the pics. Glad to hear things are going well!

Sarah said...

I am loving all of these photos!

I have found that the more children I have, the younger they are when they decide to stop the nap. Probably because more people = more activity = more potential missed opportunities for good times, lol! You might find the Tuki will take no part in a nap too if she finds Ve to be awake and having all the fun.

My Travels